| Season 5, Episode 13 |
Number (#99) in series (133 episodes)
|Tape date||November 17, 1977|
|Air date:||January 4, 1978|
|Network/Country:||CBS-TV / United States|
|Written by:||Dan Wilcox & Tom Dunsmuir|
|Directed by:||Gerren Keith|
|IMDB||No More Mr. Nice Guy|
Bern Nadette Stanis
|Guest starring:||Sarina C. Grant |
Dap "Sugar" Willie
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Penny's Christmas"||"Willona's Mr. Right"|
|List of Good Times seasons/episodes|
No More Mr. Nice Guy is the thirteenth episode of Season 5 of Good Times and the 98th episode overall. Written by Dan Wilcox and Tom Dunsmuir, the episode, which was directed by Gerren Keith, premiered on CBS-TV, first airing on January 4, 1978.
J.J. has to become the father figure of the Evans household when Michael's disinterested attitude about responsibility lands him and Penny in jail for riding in a stolen car.
Michael is falling behind on his homework and chores. J.J. is lenient on him. But when Michael and Penny are arrested for carjacking, J.J. puts his foot down.
Playing the role of his siblings' surrogate father to the hilt, J.J. (Jimmie Walker) blows his top when brother Michael (Ralph Carter) rebelliously refuses to do his homework. Sister Thelma (BernNadette Stanis) advises J.J. to cool it, assuming that Michael is only going through one of those "stages." But even Thelma changes her tune when both Michael and Penny (Janet Jackson) are arrested for riding in a stolen car.
- Sarina C. Grant as Lavonne (as Sarina Grant)
- Calvin Oliver as Howard
- Dap "Sugar" Willie as Lenny
- Bill Woddard as Police Officer
- Wendell Wright as Sergeant
- Lavonne (to Penny): Hey sweetie, what'd you do to get in here?
- Penny: Well, Mama had to take her teeth to the dentist and I had to take my skates to the rink. So Michael and I went downstairs and Michael's friend Howard pulled up and said "Hop in", so we hopped. Then a policeman said, "pull over" so we pulled. Then he said "you have the right to remain silent", so we remained silent. Those are the highlights, film at eleven.
- Michael: (about him and Penny) We just went for a ride, for a joyride.
- Sergeant: Yeah, you know about a week ago we had a couple of kids your ages who went out on a joyride too, but when the red lights and sirens went on, they panicked and hit the gas. Led us on a high speed chase until they hit the utility cord, so now there's a boy and a girl dead all because they went on a joyride.
- J.J.: Alright Michael, this is it. I've had enough of your mess here. Now if you don't go, you're going to be in for the most cruel and inhumane punishment you've even been in for in your life!
- Michael: Now what are going to do?
- J.J.: Michael, if you don't go, I'm going to make you stay here and eat Thelma's dinner.